Pages

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Losin' It

I am about to have a nervous breakdown all because...



I need to get dressed for my orchestra concert.



So we have to wear head-to-toe black, right? That shouldn't be too hard since 70% of my wardrobe is black, right? WRONG!

1. I do not own any floor length black skirts
2. I can wear a shorter one with black opaque tights but ohmygawd it's June! June and tights? BLECH!
3. It has to be something that is comfortable for 3+ hours much of which is on a hot stage and also have to be condusive to sitting and standing a lot without having to smooth my skirt, etc.
4. It can't be too casual.
5. It can't be too fancy.


I just spent like 45 minutes trying to figure out what to wear and am still not happy with what I have on. I am a 90% skirt girl once the weather turns gross (hot) so the pants were not going to happen. And we can't wear sleeveless shirts but then layering black gets tough because of (yes) different shades of black and the heat factor. I'm seriously going to scream. I am so jealous of the guys with their tuxes right now.

I ended up putting on one of the shorter length skirts with the tights but I feel like people are going to think I'm goth or something! I look so out-of-place for it being June. Believe me, I HATE summer weather but I don't go around wearing sweaters or anything. And now I have things in the washer in a last minute effort for a different shirt to wear.

I know noone really cares about my wardrobe woes but I figured there needed to be an explanation somewhere in case I do have that breakdown and can't speak anymore. People should know what happened.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you need a shopping trip to build up your concert wardrobe! : )

Anthony said...

Oh Scarlet, don't have a breakdown over a skirt ... That'd be ridiculous!

Melissa said...

I feel your pain. I have a closet full of clothes and nothing to wear.

Miss Scarlet said...

Flameon- I do! but I guess now I have a couple of months til the next one.

Neil- Ummm, it was recorded but I didn't order a copy. I do want to hear my solo though.

Anthony/Tony- Fashion means a lot to me!

Velvet- It's so true. I have enough clothes for a small army yet struggle every morning to find something to wear.

dara said...

I'm with Velvet on this, since I go through it every day for work.

And I haven't seen you blog about breaking your closet yet.

Of course my solution to the pants/skirt/tights thing is to have multiple black skirts in a variety of lengths, but then again, that's why I've broken this closet twice.