Pages

Friday, June 02, 2006

Megalomaniac

Part Two

So continuing with my blogography, I guess we're on to my entrance into the blog world. Now, my profile says I joined in November 2001 with the username, queshiraz17, inspired by the Hey Mercedes song, "Que Shiraz" and my favorite number, 17.

My first blog was The 451 Family (the archives are messed up and won't show anything older than what is on the front page) started with my friend Julianne and Vanessa with the goal of getting our whole group of friends to write. The name comes from what we called ourselves, our group of friends who somehow came together senior year of college. Nick lived in the basement of a house with the address "451" and since we all hung out we named ourselves, The 451 Family. It was kind of a joke and a play on hip hop/rap because Nick and Pat had DJ names or something. Now that I'm writing it out, it sounds stupid and I guess it was, but it was also just something funny we did. It got to the point where we were referred to as a group and people would cheer when we came to parties, "The 451 is here!" We partied like rockstars and were treated like rockstars.

Anyway, I think this is my first entry, but I can't be sure because of the archive problem and there are over 1000 posts on that blog so the edit page won't show them all. It did start out being me, Vanessa, and Julianne writing and then eventually me and Julianne and then ended up just being me and I wrote on it off and on until I started SVR last December. All of the crappy template changes were my doing and we had to use an outside commenting service because Blogger didn't have one then.

We seemed to be really into quote lists on this blog, and blogging after parties (of which there were a lot).

Good memories:

*Getting a ride home from The Pavers
*Julianne and I go to NYC
*Me, Julianne, Vanessa, and Nick go skiing for spring break
*Anna (non-451 but Concert Buddy Extraordinaire) and I go to Pittsburgh to see Trail of Dead and end up partying with the bands.
*Vanessa and I have one of our weekly Hour of Dedications radio shows
*Julianne and I (with the MWC orchestra) go to NYC to play at Carnegie Hall which was also my first trip to NYC.


I could go all day with posting links to this blog but with the likelihood of only me reading them, I think I'll stop there. I would have continued on with this blog, if only because it's so old, but the template is a mess, the comments are crap, and it just seems archaic now with the way it's set up.


Part 3 of ? to come...

4 comments:

lala said...

Ha! My bff and I used to have (and memorialize) dedication hours, too! It's funny to look back at the lists and see who we dedicated what songs to...sometimes I can't even remember the people, much less WHY we dedicated the song.

Miss Scarlet said...

Yeah and some of mine were SO obvious, haha.

Pam said...

What awesome posts!

Looking forward to Part 3!

Unknown said...

I think it's awesome you've been blogging for so long. You are definitely one of the few who introduced me to it a couple of years ago : ) Ha...you're my blog mentor!