Pages

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Photo

Browsing on Flickr is depressing and frustrating. I am no photographer and do not claim to be but, I haven't taken a decent shot in months. Nothing exciting, nothing contest worthy, nothing that makes it in my Fotki Favorites Folder (alliteration!). One of the few things I looked forward to with the start of spring and summer was better lighting and bright colors to capture on film but so far I have not been seeing things with an eye for the type of photo it would produce. I'm sick of the same old shot of flowers (so easy) and horizon (*snore*) but just haven't been feeling it lately and my shots taken number has decreased dramatically.

Coming up I have a few opportunites to get some good shots: Friday is Snow Patrol and if cameras are allowed, you better believe I'll be snapping away! The O.C. in August is always just begging for pictures, not to mention the car ride there with Ali which will produce 100+ of us making Olsen faces. Before that, though, I'd really like to get to a zoo because animals always make good subjects and also, it's been forever since I'm been to one.

But until then, enjoy some older, decent shots aka, ones I like:




Taken at a rave in a field I went to with my mom. No lie. Those two people "dancing" were so high on drugs they didn't know what was going on.



This one did well in a contest I entered. I also gave it to my mom for Christmas in a frame. I love that color pink!



Taken at Crockett Park in Fauquier County (oh yeah? FauQUIER County!). Almost got stung by a bee.




That one really isn't that great but I like the idea enough to include it. I try to get a lot of pictures of Jesse and Jobeth spinning records but they move so fast and it's dark so it's tough to get clear, non-blurry ones.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate going through lackluster phases, particularly when it comes to my writing--I can relate to your photography woes. It's best to dig into your archives for inspiration--these are amazing photos and a reminder of your potential.

Beakerz said...

Imagestation.com is what I'm trying now. Actually as we speak. Wish me luck

GL @ Snow Patrol.

Look forward to those photos. Btw, nice shots here.

I try to just upload my pics directly to my blog, ya know?

Unknown said...

A photo outing soon is a must. We should do the May '26 things' even though it's June!