Pages

Friday, July 21, 2006

The First Time You're Unfaithful

Seeing as how my big paycheck is late and I got a measly $15 from Barnes and Noble this week, I decided to save money this morning and get my coffee at Sheetz instead of Starbucks. Plus, my boss told me how the one near us now has the full coffee bar with espresso drinks so I definitely wanted to check those out.

BIG MISTAKE!

The place was a zoo! Had I not already parked and walked in I would have headed on to the Starbucks drive-thru. but I was there so I figured to just go for it. I was a little confused by the coffee ordering, and for fear that my latte would go on the end of what I could see was a mile-long To-Do list, I decided to get regular coffee. Thank goodness Sheetz has good drip-mmmm!

So I get my gigantic coffee (3/4 coffee + 1/4 almond "cappucino") and gigantic water and turn around to get in line. This is when I wanted to just set my beverages down and run for I not only saw a line longer than one at Carl's on a Friday night, but at least half a dozen eyes looking me up and down. Have construction workers never seen a skirt before?

What is it about a long line that turns people stupid. The cashier repeatedly said, "There are two other lines!" yet people would not move and just stayed in the never ending line. I, being the ravishing and intelligent creature I am, quickly moved to the shortest line to pay for my caffeine and get the hell out of there!

And you know what? My efforts to save money didn't even work once I got to work LATE and missed, in hourly pay, what I would have spent in the difference between Sheetz coffee and Starbucks coffee.

Go figure!

8 comments:

dara said...

I did something similar the other day. Because it was so hot out, I wasn't in the mood for coffee or tea, so instead of taking my normal route into work, I altered it so I could walk past a place that has fresh lemonade. I then proceeded to wait on line for 15 minutes for this lemonade, which, in retrospect, was more expensive than my typical coffee and was not even that good.

Since then, I've decided to forego all of them in favor of water. We'll see how long it takes before I punch someone due to caffeine depravation.

Anonymous said...

I used to stop at Sheetz for coffee (but only on mornings where I wasn't already running late, so it didn't really happen that often) and I used to get the same looks from construction workers. Only I was usually in PE teaching wear. Apparently they had never seen jogging/khaki pants, hooded sweatshirts, and running shoes either. Maybe they've just never seen a woman before.
--Cindy

Unknown said...

Being unfaithful always seems to turn out poorly ; )

Miss Scarlet said...

Dara- I <3 lemonade! I do hate when the freshly made stuff is so pricey though.

CIndy- Hilarious! Ali and I often make boyfrien's at Sheetz. YOU NEED TO GET A BLOGGER ACCOUNT! At least to comment but you should start a blog, too.

Flameon- Suri-ously!

Beakerz said...

I actually read and didn't just look at the pretty pictures ;)

Funny stuff though, because:

A. Thank you for not purchasing from the evil empire that is starbucks,

B. When I get my coffee from places, there is a certain mix I try to make as well: 3/4 french vanilla, 1/8 regular, and 1/8 decaf to top it off.

Lord knows if it Really matters, but it tastes good so F em all. I made my Own mocha latte double half-caff, triple shot, no form, slim blah blah blah. lol!


Cindy, you were a pe teacher? I'm graduating to be one now!! Contact me so I can ask you questions? Thanks!

Miss Scarlet said...

Needstza- I'm sorry* to report that I usually go to Starbucks:)



*Not really

Alison Santighian said...

My suggestion? Next time, try for Wawa, if there's one on the way. I've never waited in line, and their hazelnut coffee (try half regular, half hazelnut) is yumMY! Anytime I'm in Wawa vicinity, I have to indulge in my $1.98 (or whatever it is) treat!

Beakerz said...

can I get you to change that? lol