Pages

Monday, December 11, 2006

Overdrive

When I was little, and my mom would take us out shopping or out to do some other activity, my dad would always comment that we had "gone from one end of Virginia to the other."* Bless his heart, but at the time he didn't understand our need to get out of the small area we lived in. Shopping primarily at Peebles and KMart** just was NOT going to cut it and now, like 15 years later, I'm so glad my mom always took us all over the place. For someone who really hasn't been to many places***, I would consider myself pretty worldly as a result of my mom being so cool when I was younger...not that she isn't still cool. Because she is. She's cooler than your mom.

Anyway, today I feel like I relived the idea of going "from one end of Virginia to the other." I drove about 150 miles today yet was never more than 1 hour from my house. Without giving away my exact location (even though the map I had planned would have been really cool), here are some of the things I saw today:

-The big skate.
-Sonic
-Legal Sea Food
-Dolly Madison Highway
-Barnes and Noble in Fairfax
-My alma mater
-My current mater (hahahahaha)
-The Flying Circus
-Sign that indicated how close I was to Richmond, VA.
-Sign that indicated how close I was to Washington, DC.
-A Senator
-An ultimate frisbee player (vomit)
-A Civil War site

XO,
SVR


*Direct quote.
**This is even pre-WalMart!
***I've been from Puerto Rico up to Montreal, but only as far West as Pittsburgh and as far East as I've swam out in the Atlantic, which really isn't far because I get scared when I can't feel the bottom of the ocean. Although, I also get scared when I can feel the bottom because ew.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I <3 the big skate

Miss Scarlet said...

Cindy- OMG I miss SKATING there. No wait, I don't miss that.

Anonymous said...

"The big skate" - I'm thinking some over-sized variety of fish?

Marissa said...

What a productive day! :)

Miss Scarlet said...

Ant- I'll try to find a picture, but it's literally just a big roller skate.

Marissa- I know! Lots of driving, though.

Unknown said...

My hometown was a bit bigger than yours, but I'm glad my family was all about the excursions, too. : )