Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

So You Think You Can Dance: Top 6!

Group dance:

"Hide" by N.A.S.A"

Choreographed by Nick Demoura.

DJ theme. I like it. It's interesting when the dancers wear masks. Cool dance...it'll do.


Okay, so a lot of dances tonight, which is awesome. And then next week will be the finale! Craziness. Also-Cat's look tonight is AWESOME! Love it.

Ricky and Valerie dancing broadway:

"I've Got The World On A String" by Frank Sinatra

Choreographed by Spencer Liff

After Tanisha went home, I'm kinda over Valerie. Sorry, girl. Next to Ricky, she looks like she isn't finishing any of her lines. This is nice and I enjoy it, but it's not exceptional, ya know? Nothing wrong with the choreography, which I actually really liked!

Jessica and Casey dancing disco:

"Dim All The Lights" by Donna Summer

Choreographed by Doriana Sanchez

Whoa, sexy beginning and wowza, I love her hair! OMG that spin! Insane! WOW that was one of the best discos I've ever seen!! It was hot and fast and it totally felt like they were ENJOYING it. Like we were watching Saturday Night Fever! SOoooo gooooooood!

Ricky's solo:

"My Tears Are Becoming A Sea" by MIA

Ricky's solos are totally him flailing around and showing off tricks, but with him, it works! He dances with his entire being. It's awesome. 

Jacque and Zach dancing foxtrot:

"Anything Goes" by Tony Bennet and Lady Gaga

Choreographed by Jean Marc Generaux

I don't think this style suits her very well...or, maybe it's that they don't match as a couple. She appears too tall for him in a way. And...she is wearing pants? Why? This dance was fine, but again, not memorable.

Jessica's solo:

"I Was Here" by Beyonce

Love that she has the curly hair for this routine, but otherwise, this was just your typical solo...blah.

Valerie and TWitch dancing hip hop:

"Yeah" by Usher

Choreographed by WillDaBeast

Hi, love Usher. Oooooh I liked this! I think Valerie did a great job and I loved the choreography! So awesome.

Casey's solo:

"Lay Me Down" by Sam Smith

Holy crap, his spins! Not very musical with his solo, but great tricks.

 Valerie's solo:

"What I Like About You" by The Romantics

Great!!!

Jacque and Will dancing contemporary:

"99 Red Balloons" by Sleeping At Last

Choreography by SeanCheesman

Awww that was so sweet. I loved it! I liked the ball in the beginning and was glad it was ONLY in the beginning. The balloons at the end were gorgeous. I totally agree with Christina Applegate that it made my heart warm.

Zach's solo:


Another tap solo....another good tap solo. More people should consider auditioning on tap because it's perfect for the solos. 
"Butterfly" by Jason Mraz

Jessica and Ade dancing jazz:

"Boneless" by Steven Aoiki

Choreographed by Ray Leeper

I LOVED THIS! It was so different and funky and man, those outfits were perfect for this routine. Jessica really does have the It Factor.

Jacque's solo:

"Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" by The Andrews Sisters

Oooh, a costume! Good! Well, I think she did beat Jessica solo-wise.

Ricky and Anna dancing cha cha:

"Dare" by Shakira

Choreographed by Jean Marc

Ummm, that may have been the best cha cha ever. Ricky is so refined in all of his movements!

Casey and Mackenzie dancing contemporary:

"Over You" by Ingrid Michaelson

Choreographed by Stacy Tookey

Well, I wasn't sure in the beginning and then towards the end I totally teared up! I love Casey! That was wonderful.

Zach and Fikshun dancing hip hop:

"Sail" by Awolnation

Choreographed by Phillip Cheeb

This was pretty cool, for what it was. It's tough to have a hip hop routine with two guys without it coming off cheesy.

Results time:( Top two guys and girls: Jessica, Ricky, (so far, duh), Valerie (OMG WHAT?), Zach.

Okay so....looks like maybe the tappers' solos got them through maybe? I'm a little disappointed because I really love Casey. Bust!

So...who do you want to win????

No comments: