Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Imitation Is The Sincerest Form Of Flattery: Landslide

Just my second cover comparison, but what a fun series! Go back and check out my "Wonderwall" discussion if interested.

So, the original:



And the Smashing Pumpkins cover:




I am not a Stevie Nicks fan. I guess full disclosure on that is pretty important. I also happen to be a huge Smashing Pumpkins fan. I can't say for sure that my first introduction to this song wasn't the Smashing Pumpkin's version, but I can definitely say that their version is what I love. The Fleetwood Mac version just sounds a little too without feeling for me. The guitar playing is quite nice, of course, but it's her voice that totally turns me off. And I know a lot of people say the same thing about Billy Corgan's voice, but man, I love it. I feel SO much more feeling in the Smashing Pumpkin's version and I like that it's a little bit more messy- the guitar playing doesn't sound perfect and it's not always balanced, but it works. Oh, how it works.

I love the cover WAY more....what about you???

XO,
SVR

1 comment:

Serena said...

Definitely Smashing Pumpkins followed closely by Dixie Chicks.