We had a really good winter this year.
I know what some of you are thinking- What!? It was freezing for almost two months straight! And yeah, I would agree. And it was awesome!
I love winter. I love cold weather.
Having two solid months of appropriately cold winter weather was so awesome. Especially since we've had some really mild winters recently. A snow here or there does not make a winter. Constant, cold air is winter in my world. I got to wear sweaters this year! I got to wear two scarves sometimes! It was awesome.
And then...like being pushed off a cliff, it ended. One week it was in the 20s and the next, it was pushing 60. It was a big change. I still craved cashmere. I still wanted to wear tights! I'm still not ready to say goodbye to my winter coat.
But I admit that a few of our days have been pleasant in the past two weeks. One day especially when it was around 50 with a partly cloudy sky. I drank that crisp, cool air up like it was water. I was into it!
And then, instead of being pushed off a cliff, I was forced into a microwave. For 8+ hours at a time. Much to my horror (but not my surprise), work still had the heat on.
And now, a week into this transition period from the frigid, cold air of winter, to what will eventually be the sticky hot of summer, we have what could be described as lovely outside to most people. Even I, the biggest lover of winter there is, can enjoy a pleasant day in the 50s, but I won't be enjoying it because I have to go to work. And at work, it's a big box of warm, stagnant air. It is uncomfortably warm at work.
In a first world problem sort of way, it's also completely unfair.
Virginia gets very few weeks a year when it's not too cold*, it's not too warm, and it's also not humid- Hallelujah! And it bums me out that I can't enjoy it because for 40 hours a week, until some HVAC guy comes and gets on the roof to switch from heat to AC (!!!), I have to be miserable all day long.
Why is this okay?
So, thanks, work, for making this time of year completely miserable. Thanks a lot.
*In my opinion it's never too cold.
Sunday, March 15, 2015
Saturday, February 07, 2015
The One With George Stephanopoulos
- Is it bad that I sorta love Rachel's big, voluminous hair?
- Is Ross's very prominent magazine there for an ad placement? He's holding it like LOOK AT THIS VODKA AD!
- Did anyone see that article about why they always get the couch and how it has a Reserved sign on the table? Now that's all I can look for.
- Ross is sad because it's the anniversary of when he and his ex wife consummated their relationship. I think that unless it was on the wedding night, I'd never remember that date.
- As a 14 year old, that FICA joke was funny...and 10 years later I really understand it.
- Poor Rachel who is having a mid twenties crisis. I totes understand, girl.
- The footage from the Rangers game is comically bad. I guess this is before they could afford anything.
- Do you think if Rachel could have looked to the future and seen that she wouldn't settle down until 10 years later when she and Ross finally get back together that she would have gone back home? Not to say that her journey for the 10 years didn't have amazing parts and that life is about an endpoint, but I bet in her 20s mind she expected things to go differently. Yep!
- We find out that Ross lost his virginity to and has only slept with Carol. I think that's sweet:)
- "WHERE?" "Right where we've been looking all night." Love that joke!
- I also love when the random guy brings the pillow back up.
- Man, Twister gets some sexual tension going on! Whoa, Joey!