Pages

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Great Days For The Passenger Element

I am so not into today. It is just one of those days where I want to do nothing yet everything at the same time. I'm a bit restless here at work so of course my concentration is shot and all I can think about is iced coffee and ice cream. And going to Wawa because at least that is 30 minutes of my day and I can get cheap ($2.53!) gas to last me the weekend. Or not, depending on what I do. Oh no, it's Thursday and I don't know my Friday plans which is not a situation I like. Whether or not I'm doing something, I need to know by 11pm tonight when I will go to sleep. I need to know whether or not I'm headed north after work or heading home. I have to be prepared. Mentally and hott wise.


My sister texted me earlier that she got stung by a bee twice. Poor thing! My first reaction was of concern (I'm such a mom), of course, but then I asked if she needed anything. "Do you need me to LEAVE WORK to bring you an ice pack or anything?" "No? No ice pack? Do you need a soda or something? Because I'll do it. I'll LEAVE WORK and bring you something to drink."


I think I need to take a day off soon. But I don't want to waste a day and just sit at home, watching Gilmore Girls reruns because that is inevitably what I would do. In past years, I would have gone to the pool but ever since ours started being run by herpified cunts*, we stopped going. And other than the pool or beach, I try to avoid the outside once it gets above 80** degrees. Also putting a damper on things is my severe lack of money as I am currently in my "Pay my very awesome and generous father back for the money he loaned me to buy my bassoon" time. I mean, things aren't desperate or anything...but I will still accept donations!

*Thats putting it nicely. Seriously. And maybe it's chlamydia, I don't know. Most likely syphilis, doesn't that turn people crazy?
**I'm exaggerating on the high side as to not freak people out.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Trying to save money/pay things off definitely puts a damper on making plans.

minijonb said...

actually, watching Gilmore Girls reruns sounds like the perfect day off.

Cheryl said...

Go for the day off. We all need them some times. Oh and I would love to pay $2.53 for gas! I am jealous.

Pink Is Neat said...

I HATE SAVING MONEY!!

It's also unfortunate that Ali wouldn't get the hint and be like "well, of COURSE i need an ice pack/soda, please come save me!"

And sometimes it's good to have a completely useless day off. It makes you realize what you're really supposed to do over the summer... I miss those days!