Pages

Friday, June 23, 2006

(Nice Dream)

I was excited to go to sleep last night. Not in the "Holy hell, I'm tired" way but in the "Oh yeah my new down comforter came!" way. This comforter is like sleeping under a cloud...with less water. So after I watched the first half of Tristan & Isolde and read a few chapters of Everyone Worth Knowing, I got under my cloud to catch my beauty sleep.

My dreams, not LSD-influenced, were quite crazy. I dreamt that myself and about 10 others were captured and put on a Lost-like island. It was weird though because we knew what happened and still had some contact with the outside world. We had our cell phones but knew not to tell anyone where we were or to talk about our plans with the other captured people (Texting was safe though, for some reason. Props to texting!)

What was also weird was that we didn't use our cars like normal but instead would push them into the water and then ride in them. At one point Creepy In Charge Guy, my sister, 2 others, and I pushed a PT Cruiser into the river and then hopped inside for our ride to town. CICG was talking to me and I realized he didn't know I had my car on the island, I lied and confirmed that I rode with a friend. Somehow I felt this could be used to our advantage later. I also tried to flirt with CICG but he saw right through my ploy and when I sat on his lap while floating in the PT Cruisher, he totally called me out.

Once we reached the town though, things shifted. All of a sudden I was running through the rain to get to my new job at Pizza Hut. I still couldn't talk freely on my cell phone but was too busy anyway, mentally calculating how much I would make and worrying that I would suck at waitressing.

I woke up before I started my shift at Pizza Hut and never did find out what happened on the island. Did I get us all to safety in my blue Elantra I hid from CICG? Did I win over CICG with my feminine wiles and use my power over him to escape? Did I make enough tips at Pizza Hut to buy an umbrella because it sure did rain a lot where I was!? Was I a good waitress?!!!?

I guess we'll never know.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahahaha. I can't believe you sat on his lap in your dream?! Hilarious!

minijonb said...

I have to keep reminding people of this... no more kool-aid before bed! =;-)

teahouse said...

What a great dream.

I'm unfortunately allergic to down. But I do have a nice hypoallergenic fake down comforter.

And I've never seen "Lost" but I've heard it's very surreal and supernatural-ish.

Miss Scarlet said...

Flameon- I know, I was such a dream slut!

Minijonb- It WAS raining all night, maybe that explains some of it. But um, no kool aid.

Teahouse- I made sure to write it down when I woke up the first time (I reset my alarm at 4am, ha)

Dizzie said...

I can quite honestly say I hate to dream.
* If they are good, you always end up waking up at the very best part.
* If they are bad, they just go on forever.
* If they are Dali, then it's not even one of his better paintings... :)
* And when you really, really want to dream, you have one of those nights you either don't dream at all, or just don't remember shit..

So, dreams? Ba-humbug!

Valentines Ideas, Valentine Activities, said...

Everyone dreams....Who can't dream when you are sleeping in a comfortable and a cloudy like comforter?right? But instead of bad dreams I prefer to have good dreams on that comforter..
A dream in a romantic place with special someone that you love.

Hoping to have good dreams always!!!!!