Pages

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Out Of Gas

Is it weird to be excited about a gas station? OH but this is no ordinary gas station...this is WAWA! The holy grail of convenience store gas stations and now, there is one only five miles from my job. I AM SO EXCITED! No more will I dread the "what to get for lunch?" indecision or the uninvited low gas light on my car. Because now, lunchtime and low gas levels = WAWA!

Now, why do I love Wawas? List form is in order:

1. There were two in my college town and we frequented them a lot. Wawa was our saving grace for middle of the night hunger or last minute runs before parties.

2. Their gas is cheap!

3. I have never been in a gross Wawa. Each and every one has been strikingly neat and clean.

4. Awesome subs. So much better than Sheetz (sorry, Sheetz. You used to be a childhood favorite because I associated you with visiting family in PA but then you got rid of your crispy chicken sandwich and then you made me a gross non-crispy one and since then, the experience is just not the same.)

5. Tons of "a la carte" type things which will be nice for lunches when I don't brown bag it.

6. Iced coffee.


5 comments:

Spencer said...

It's so funny to hear that Wawa is as far south as it is. If I were to make a top 10 list of what's good about Philly, Wawa would be near the top - and most of the stores around here don't have gas.

Pink Is Neat said...

I <3 Wawa. It's my favorite part about the (long ass) drive home from Fred.

Anthony said...

Are you getting a commission for this? If not, I'd review your contract!

Pagan Marbury said...

So... where's this Wawa?

dara said...

When I lived in NJ when I was a kid, there were Wawas everywhere (but most of them were not attached to gas stations). When we moved to Florida, we missed them.