Pages

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Ups & Down

The superstitious me was afraid to say something too soon but now both concerts are over and I can report that I played my solo well for both performances! I really was nervous for those few measures and after playing it ok last night, still couldn't rest easy as I knew I had to get through it again. I really had to be careful not to psyche myself out (Sports Psychology must be fascinating) because no matter how many times I played it perfectly before the concert, I knew I had to get that right combination of concentration while not concentrating too hard.

I don't know if I can blame my worries for my concerts on my mood that seemed to set in for the entire weekend. I hate getting in a bad mood (besides the obvious-that it isn't a GOOD one) because then I think, "Wasn't I just in this mood? Why am I in a bad mood again?" because for some reason, bad moods seem to string together easier in my memory. But I know for a fact that good moods far out weight my bad ones which are few and far between. Or are they? But do I really want to sit around trying to remember when the last time I was upset was? That surely isn't the way to get out of a funk, right?


I need some "Founder's Day" punch.


I guess I should report on the fun I did have this weekend: Friday night in Richmond for my brother's 3 year anniversary extravaganza. I actually ended up working more of the night in his store but they needed the help so it's ok. Went to Sticky Rice afterwards with Vanessa for Woodchuck and tots and then back to the (anniversary) afterparty at Hyperlink. I got home so late. I listened to a lot of music, very loudly, to stay up for that ride home.

And now, the week is back. Great.


XO,
Scarlet

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate bad moods and think I hate the fact that I am so psychoanalytical even worse. It's like I know exactly why I'm in a bad mood and can't blame it on anything or anyone else.

Anonymous said...

congrats on getting through the concerts! :)

Cheryl said...

Congrats on your performances.