Pages

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Time Consumer

Soooooo, with the recent laptop crashing, I am having to reset up my iTunes. I did a little googling for how to transfer my song files from my external hard drive to my laptop, but I didn't have much luck. I found the thing about importing and exporting libraries but I ended up with my "version" of iTunes from when I only had about 2,000 songs on there. I now have about 8,000 song files so you can see why I am not wanting to have to add them all! I was already a little sad to lose all of those song ratings that had accumulated from the last year and a half as well as the many playlists I had including my many "Best Of..."s I was working on. I HATE to lose things like this.

I guess I just need to vent for a moment about this extremely time consuming task I have before me, but am also looking for any advice anyone might have.

XO,
SVR

P.S. As I was waiting for my blogger connection to come back, I got a bit discouraged when I clicked on the "Compilatons" folder and saw hundreds...Holy Crap.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. Anytime I have to go to a new computer, I never look forward because it takes so long to get things back to the way they were before. At least you had a back-up.

Anonymous said...

OK - maybe I didn't read correctly. Now I'll pray for you - losing 6,000 songs would kill me.

Miss Scarlet said...

Well, I didn't LOSE them, they're all on my external harddrive but I do have to readd them all to iTunes=/