Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Cold Hands, Warm Heart

I have been unable to get warm these past few days when not at work*. Earlier tonight I was waiting outside for something and I started shivering uncontrollably. I had on my layers, too: 2 tank tops, a t-shirt, a sweater, and a jean jacket and I was still cold. I am loving this added bonus of cold weather we are getting, but my body is not fooled and knows it's supposed to be spring. My fashion-self knows it, too, so the heavy coats and scarves are no more. Sure, I miss them, but it's officially spring and I don't want to look like I'm in the wrong season! It's like wearing flip flops in November on an unseasonably warm day-it's just wrong!

*****************


I kept getting tension headaches last week. I actually felt one coming on tonight, but now that I know the cause, I can better stop them from getting too bad. I liken them to my brain protesting the amount of thinking I am making it do. Whether it be for something school related, work related, or having to do with certain people. My job keeps me just a smidge too secluded at times now and I end up thinking and re-thinking things. Then I end up walking around with a constant expression of "hmm!" on my face. The other day my coworker said I looked tense. She was right. I think it's better now, though...or, at least, different.


XO,
SVR





*Work can be like a mfing sauna sometimes. Plus, my section there gets warmer than others.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hate that I'm so bad at controlling my facial expressions. My self portrait yesterday is clear evidence of this. I had no idea I looked so angry and sad!