Monday, November 05, 2007

Don't Panic

I'm a little worried about some of you.

The temperature barely went below 50 degrees Fahrenheit today and from the looks of your outerwear, I would have guessed we were in the middle of a blizzard. Seeing as how I had been inside since 11am, I figured that in the 8 hours I was at work, a cold front must have come in.

But no. Apparently the amount of North Face I saw today was not a clear indication of the weather. When I saw Serena at 630pm I asked her, with an excited look in my eyes, if it was finally cold out. She burst my winter-loving bubble and told me that she had not even needed a scarf for her walk to work.

I am happier than anyone that it is November. I love this month as it is the true beginning of cold weather and "The Holidays". It puts me in a good mood merely to write "November" as the date. But people, it's not November Cold yet. It's not even close.

I have yet to wear a real coat. I haven't worn a sweater yet and not been too warm at some point in the day. It hasn't even crossed my mind yet to wear gloves. Hats? Not yet.

Which is why I am worried about you guys out there in your huge winter coats. If you are this cold now, you are going to die when it's actually below freezing.



Kristabella said...

It's that cold in Chicago. Should be coming your way soon.

We have a chance of FLURRIES.

And I'm still wearing a fleece coat. Like it's NOT winter.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to be one of those people that dies when it actually gets cold. I'm not looking forward to it.

Mike said...

I think this weather is absolutely fantastic. The only reason I wore a coat in to work today is because it'll be 8 PM when I leave, and it might be a bit colder then.

I left the hat, gloves, and scarf at home, though.